We work alongside and in partnership with a number of local organisations to express the love of God in action and, where necessary, to alleviate hardship.
Some of the things we get involved with are:
- weekly meal for those who are rough sleeping
- support for refugees
- mentoring Secondary School students
- community choir for Linwood School students, staff and families
- day-service for adults with learning disabilities
- Hope In The Community befriending for 65+ yrs
The Mother's Union HUB
The Mothers’ Union in our parish is very active. Its main project is the HUB which is held on nine Saturday mornings during the year from 10.30am to 12 noon in the Church Room at St. John’s.
Both men and women, parents or otherwise, are encouraged to drop in for a coffee and a chat and bring a donation for one or more of the four local charities which we support, namely the Women’s Refuge, the Food Bank, Michael’s House and the Rough Sleepers.
The response is always very generous and the charities are extremely grateful for all that we provide. HUB dates for the rest of this year are 16th September, 21st October and 25th November.